Friday 4 November 2011

Compare & Contrast

In my never ending quest to provide for the readers the best HQ image available on the net, I have come to a dilemma, and I hope you take the time to comment so that I can better facilitate your enjoyment of looking at pictures of hot men!

The following images were taken from the November 2011 issue of Cosmo. As you will see, there are pairs of similar images. For each pair, the first image (or to the LEFT) is the extracted from a digital copy of Cosmo. The second (or to the RIGHT) is the scanned image from an actual print of the magazine.

Please take some time to compare the two versions.


***

***

***


In your comparisons, I hope you found that:

1) The digital source is blurrier than the scanned image.
2) The scanned image has a lot of weird scanned imperfections, including bad alignment, dust, scratches, wrinkles, and general lack of sharpness.
3) The scanned image is slightly more colorful than the digital image.

So here is your job! Please report your thoughts & findings! For example, if you were to save these images, would you rather save the scanned image or the digital image? Also, should I even bother wasting my dollars to buy and scan the magazine...if the digital source is 'good enough'?

No comments: